Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I am thankful because….

I am very blessed.
I am at a debate competition in Stuttgart right now
                I have wonderful teammates, Ingrid Fiedler (USA) and Marius Kat (Netherlands)
                We won our first two debates, and we learned a lot of lesson from the two that we lost.
                Our preparation went well tonight, so we should have a strong base tomorrow.
                Stuttgart is a beautiful city, I especially love the Christmas Market it is really bringing the holiday cheer.
I have a surprise from my roommates waiting at home, and they refuse to tell me what it is. (Torture.)
SHAKED AND I WERE SELECTED TO PRESENT OUR RESEARCH PROJECT IN A CONVERENCE IN KOSOVO on the 11th and 12th of December at the American School of Kosovo.
                Our project is: Education Reform in Post-Conflict Bosnia and Herzegovina
I had a wonderful vacation and Thanksgiving with Milica’s family and Shaked in North-Eastern Bosnia.
I am surrounded by people that I love, and that I know love me, a deep love, not an artificial one.
                Little things makes this evident.
                Sometimes I don’t know how to show them how much I completely appreciate their influence and presence in my life.
WE WILL HAVE FIRST YEARS NEXT YEAR  (attached is the short letter from our headmaster with confirmation)
Dear students

I am pleased to be able to inform you of the following:

Last Tuesday, after two days of extensive meetings in Sarajevo, the Executive Committee of the UWC-IBO Initiative authorized me to begin the process for the enrolment of a fifth generation of between 80 a
nd 100 students for 2010-2012.

This is excellent news although a major funding challenge still lies ahead of us. I have already made provisional offers of 100 places to  National Committees, and will be following up on this with a firm notification of our intention to them after 15 December.

Best regards

Paul Regan

And the amazing thing is that this list could on for pages, I could write for ages about what has happened in just the last five days.  I arrived here yesterday but it seems like it has been a week.  There are so many insights, things that I have learned, people I have met, new experiences.
I traveled here all by myself on a bus from Belgrade, Serbia – and I’m trying to communicate in so many different languages and cultures.  I would never have believed everything that the Man up above had in store for me even six months ago.  I didn’t know that I was accepted into UWCiM six months ago.  Yesterday was the 3 month anniversary of my official life as a student at UWCiM, because on the night of the 29th of August, 2009 was my first night staying in my dorm room.  So much has happened since that night, it is a legitimate usage of the word EPIC.
               
 Gute Nacht,

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment